Thursday, August 4, 2016

EL FIN

My amazing month experiencing the Costa Rican life has come to an end. I am so sad to have said goodbye to some amazing people such as my host family, my teachers at the University of Costa Rica, and of course, my roommate Teresa, a fellow Spanish teacher. The program through MLSA was wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone.

I spent the last week of my time in San José studying for final tests, which I passed with flying colors. The last Friday of the program, we had a final ceremony and it was great to reunite with everyone from MLSA.

I will miss a lot about my time in Costa Rica. I will miss the ¨Pura Vida¨ mentality and living the Costa Rican culture everyday. I will especially miss the delicious meals my host mom, Hannia, prepared for me daily. I will also miss the people and experiences I had traveling with different people on the weekends.

After reflecting on my Costa Rican experiences, I can honestly say that this trip opened my eyes again to the importance of learning and experiencing another language and culture different from one´s own. I can´t wait for my tenth year of teaching to begin so that I can share my passion with my students and fellow colleagues.

Thank you again to the National Spanish Exam and the MLSA program. This was a life - changing experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment