Sunday, July 17, 2016

Manuel Antonio

Another great weekend has come and gone. We finished class on Thursday and shortly thereafter left for Manuel Antonio by bus. We were excited to see the Pacific west coast!

It was dark and rainy when we arrived to town, but that didn't damper my excitement for what the weekend had in store. I unpacked my bags and went to bed right away so that I would be well rested for our adventurous Manuel Antonio National Park day.

Friday was a beautiful sunny and hot day. Costa Rica is currently in their rainy and cold season, but this was not apparent to me in Manuel Antonio. It was incredibly hot and humid, and I enjoyed every second of it! We had a rich and delicious breakfast buffet outside with views of the stunning pacific coastline. Filled with gallo pinto, eggs, ham, savory and sweet breads, we then took a cab to the forest and began our hike.



I was amazed at the colorful flora and fauna the forest had to offer but what was most interesting and certainly entertaining however were the monkeys. They were everywhere and did not seem to be scared of humans. In fact, some monkeys got so close to people in an attempt to take some of their food items as they ate!



We later swam in the ocean and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the wildlife surrounding us! As we left the park we saw sloths, and they certain lived up to their name in Spanish (perezoso - lazy) as they moved incredibly slow up the tree branches.

Night came and we had a lovely dinner at the hotel and enjoyed some salsa dancing at the nearby town, Quepos.

The following day it rained so it was relaxing to read in Spanish and take in the views of the shoreline as it stormed. People did not hesitate to swim in the ocean however. I saw parasailors and kayakers alike!

We left Sunday on a gorgeous morning. Manuel Antonio certainly had a lot to offer and I am very glad I was able to take a break from the city and enjoy my time on the beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment